Honourable Eyitayo Jegede (SAN)

Honourable Eyitayo Jegede (SAN)

– Attorney General, Ondo State

Ondo State Attorney General

Eyitayo Jegede

Mr. Eyitayo Jegede (SAN) was born to the family of Chief & Mrs. Johnson Bosede Jegede in Akure, Akure South Local Government of Ondo State of Nigeria.

For his secondary School Education, he attended the famous St. Thomas Aquinas College, Akure between 1973 and 1978. This eminent lawyer proceeded to the prestigious Christ School, Ado Ekiti for his Higher School Certificate (HSC) between 1978 and 1980.

In his quest for higher education after his Higher School Certificate, he was admitted to the University of Lagos between 1980 and 1983 where he was successfully bagged the LLB degree. He proceeded to the Nigerian Law School in Lagos for the one year mandatory professional training. Eyitayo Jegede (SAN) was enrolled as a barrister and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria in 1984. He was posted to Yola, Adamawa State for his National Youth service Corps where he started his career as a legal practitioner.

He worked in the law firm of Murtala Aminu & Co. Yola. After twelve years practice in the law firm, six years of which he was the Head of Chambers, he established his own law firm, Tayo Jegede & Co in 1996. He was heading his law firm of Tayo Jegede & Co in Abuja and Yola before he took his present appointment as Chief Law Officer in Ondo State.

In recognition of his vibrant advocacy and commitment to the development of law, the Legal practitioners’ privileges committee conferred on this illustrious son of ours the prestigious title of Senior Advocate of Nigeria in 2008.

In May 2009, the dynamic Governor of Ondo State in his quest for a vibrant, dynamic and very articulate number one law officer of the state, appointed this Legal icon as the Hon. Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice. Since his appointment as the number one law officer of the state, the Ministry of Justice has witnessed an unprecedented positive change in all ramifications.

This level headed civil gentleman belongs to different professional bodies:

I.            Eyitayo Jegede (SAN) is a prominent member of the Nigerian Bar Association

II.          He is a member of the International Bar Association.

III.        He is a member of Body and Benchers

IV.        He is a member of Council of Legal Education.

He is happily married to Eno Jegede and the union is blessed with four children.

The Honourable Attorney-General is a man of many parts, an ardent player of volleyball, a highly committed Christian of Anglican Communion faith, a former Chancellor of Anglican Communion of Jalingo, Taraba State, Chancellor of Anglican Dioceses of Yola and a member of Implementation Committee of what is now known as American University Yola, Adamawa State as well as a member, Chairman Board of Governors – ABTI Academy International School, Yola.

Comments

1. COLLINS NJOKU ESQ. says:

A well respected,revered, most distinguished, and learned gentleman,He is the most humble person i have ever worked with despite his rank as a Senior Advocate, wealth of experience in Legal Practice as well as his material and landmark achievements in Yola where i was him on tutelage as a fresh graduate from Law School.

2. akindele joseph says:

this great man is so humble so humble so humble i pray that my God will give him long live and a resounding health in jesus name ameeen.

3. olayinka oketikun says:

Very very distinguished…..i am happy you have always been a role model to me and i have never ever at ant time hide my admiration for what the almighty has enabled you to do for yourself and your loving family. You are a quintessential brother and friend……you mean a lot to me and i will forever thank my star for knowing you. You are one in a million uncle Tayo

4. nice!

5. USMAN WANO says:

May Almighty God leads you sir in All ur endeavours

6. Usman Thomas ojochenemi says:

Infact,u are a role model.ur suspension is a mere challenge dt a successful man do face,u wl occupy dt position to cleanse up nig mess.may God help all of us

7. Dr.Sulaiman Nassar says:

I WISH YOU AND THE ENTIRE FAMILY THE BEST IN THIS NEW YEAR

8. An epitome of humility and hard work. May you live long to reap the fruits of your labour.

9. Godlinks interiors says:

Uncle you are a rare gem,a special one and of course very humble.I have always prayed for you and my antie that God Almighty will continually uphold you tke you higher to the pinnacle of life endeavour .you are one out of a million.ple keep it up,more power to your elbow.you will never go down in Jesus name,Amen.

10. Igbalajobi Olugeorge says:

He never pretend to forget you,I remember one december when I help him to do something on his phone,after I left his house,he still ask his wife to call me back to come and collect my Xmas gift.infact I was so surprise

11. I met Mr eyitayo jegede onceI had face to face greetings with him he is a complete gentlman to the core i wish to work for him, assure him of 1,000 Muslim women votes if he is interested in becoming governor of ondo state i will do this becausim a daughter of the soil, and would want a calibre of justice eyitayo jegede to be our governorm if he is ready let him call me or senmessage to my e mail addressd,

12. Oyeleye Olusegun says:

We Thank God 4 His Purpose 4 His Life And I Pray God Will Help Him To Fufils What God Has 4 Him.A Prepare Place That God Is Preparing Him 4 He Will Get There In Jesus Name

13. Fagorola Temidayo Ebenezer says:

He is a God sent someone to delivered Ondo State.
    He has safe many families life frm the hand of their oppresors during is tenure in office as antorney general.

14. Engr OYEWOLE toba says:

Very normal to distinguished from an open eyes and the blind ones . SAN. Hon Eyitayo Jegede is a man of vision that sees everybody’s eyes , sense that , very open to all humans, helpful, ( main thing in life that keep us united as one . A vision to all ondo state , not all, to all NIgerians ,respectful , love both young and old, infact one the major conscience about human altributes, is to love one another( “Love) , wish you success as a confirmed Next Governor of sunshine state , ( ondo state )

15. Engr OYEWOLE toba says:

Hello.

16. Segun Ogunleye says:

congratulations sir very sure of that you’re our Governor as you won the primary election of PDP.

17. adebusoye omolola says:

sir am ur fan am omolola adebusoye a batch a corper presently serving in akure i am a native of ondo state i wish to personally discuss with u becos like what av earlier heared abt ur humbleness pls grant me audience sir i will appreciate it my no 08147280672
    I OMOLOLA ADEBUSOYE A BATCH A CORP MEMBER I WISH TO HAVE A PERSONAL DISCUSSION WITH U SIR I MIGHT JUST BE A ORDINARY CORP MEMBER BUT I NEED UR AUDIENCE SIR AM PRESENTLY SERVING IN AKURE BECAUSE AM ONE OF UR FAN AND I SO MUCH BELIEF IN UR HUMBLE NATURE MY CONTACT NO 08147280672